a few days back i posted on twitter about doing a before and after dessert tasting. this was in response to my own fear that people think i can't make classic desserts. in order to prove to them (and myself), i will be doing very classic desserts as part of this tasting. the tasting will consist of a very classic preparation on a dessert followed by a modern preparation.
this is the tentative menu
1. classic: creme brulee / modern: vanilla custard in textures
2. classic: lava cake / modern: toasted chocolate sponge, warm chocolate spheres
3. classic: cheesecake / modern: graham cracker cheesecake, crispy cream cheese crust
4. classic: souffle / modern: 10 second microwave souffle
5. classic: lemon meringue pie / modern: lemon frozen custard, hot meringue, liquid sable
still have no date for this tasting, but if you interested email me. also, if you have any dessert requests you'd like to see on the before/after tasting, email me.