Wednesday, October 28, 2009

before/after dessert tasting

a few days back i posted on twitter about doing a before and after dessert tasting. this was in response to my own fear that people think i can't make classic desserts. in order to prove to them (and myself), i will be doing very classic desserts as part of this tasting. the tasting will consist of a very classic preparation on a dessert followed by a modern preparation.

this is the tentative menu

1. classic: creme brulee / modern: vanilla custard in textures

2. classic: lava cake / modern: toasted chocolate sponge, warm chocolate spheres

3. classic: cheesecake / modern: graham cracker cheesecake, crispy cream cheese crust

4. classic: souffle / modern: 10 second microwave souffle

5. classic: lemon meringue pie / modern: lemon frozen custard, hot meringue, liquid sable

still have no date for this tasting, but if you interested email me. also, if you have any dessert requests you'd like to see on the before/after tasting, email me.

16 comments:

Katherine said...

yes, interested :)

Jenn said...

Yes, I would like you to hand shake a ramos gin fizz, then give me the siphon as well :)

GDruckman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GDruckman said...

Sign me up!

urbansugar said...

I'm interested. Cream puffs would be fab.

katie said...

woo what's 10 second microwave souffle??

Anonymous said...

ooh this sounds lovely. :D

Erin said...

I'm most definitely interested!

Tiggs said...

I want to come and bring my hubby.

Kelsey said...

Interested!

Rimba said...

I'm interested +1

Aaron said...

You had me at Creme Brulee, I'm interested +1!

Roberto N. said...

Looks awesome... and I'm also wondering about that soufflé...

HTownChowDown said...

Very interested.

Anonymous said...

tarte tatin??

obat herbal tbc kronis said...

great post